Wednesday, November 01, 2006

More than Words

Today I witnessed how words can cause hurt and damage to a friendship. A friend of mine raised his voice at another friend. His coarse words and behaviour caused the other to take offence. She expressed how she felt and walked away.

I often marvel at the power of words. Used or dropped at the appropriate moment, a scenario may change and friendships can be borne or broken.

This is the exact situation I am in at the moment. Should I come right out and say it or not. What will the person do? Or say? How will that person react and will I get the outcome I hope for?

The words someone used to get me to change my mind about attending a function. The things someone told me, oh so tenderly, and my heart melted. When someone pleaded with me, making me feel like the worse criminal on earth. "Why didn't you ask me how I feel?" those were the exact words. They left me wondering. They left me hoping. And worse of all, they left me confused. Above all, it was those eyes, those eyes that said much more than words.

No comments: