Wednesday, February 17, 2010

This Week's Music Bath


Gil Scott-Heron's newest single/cover "Me and the Devil".

Its a compelling listen. Reminds me of Massive Attack and their dark sounds.



"Angel Dust". I love the groove on this one. They don't make soul and groove like that anymore.



Juliette Commagere
. Front woman of Hello Stranger, backup for The Bird and the Bee amongst her other illustrious entries in her resume.

The Big Middle - a track from her latest solo album Queens Die Proudly.
Dreamy soundscape coupled with her lovely voice equals frequent play on my mp3 player.



I love these two songs by Hello Stranger.

Big Boots. Quirky and sassy lyrics settle in nicely with groovy rhythms and catchy riffs.



Her In These Lights. OMG...that half time chorus gets me all the time.



I'm so happy to have uncovered these gems this week! I get so tired of those radio drivel they play repeatedly. Give me something different anyday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big Boots is an amazing song!

The Suite Chic said...

I so agree!! :)