Tuesday, August 02, 2011

My Watch List

Here are some of the movies I'm hoping to watch in the second half of 2011. Can you believe its August already?!!

Hanna

A must watch, only because 2 of my favourite actresses are in it - Saoirse Ronan and Cate Blanchett. Second reason? The awesome soundtrack by The Chemical Brothers. Third? Gorgeous cinematography.



Abduction

Starring Taylor Lautner as a normal American teenager who finds out that his parents are not really his parents. I like the script, I like Taylor Lautner's face even better!




Johnny English Reborn

The genius Rowan Atkinson reprises the role of Johnny English, bumbling secret agent who will inevitably save the day. I will watch this simply because the movie will make me laugh. :D



Dolphin Tale

Animal lover or no, this true story will move you to perhaps do something bigger in your life. I am feeling that way just by watching the trailer, but that's just probably me being impressionable me.





Rise of the Planet Apes

Awesome CGI. James Franco. Andy Serkis. John Lithgow. Yes!



One Day

Featuring another favourite actress of mine, Anne Hathaway, One Day is not the usual run-of-the-mill romance. I kinda like that they meet every year on the anniversary of the day they first met - July 15th. Tear fest alert. Not sure if the bf will wanna go with me.



The Help

This movie is based on a novel of the same name by author Kathryn Stockett, about African American maids working in white households in the South during the early 1960s.



Jumping the Broom

I like this other take on African American lives in today's modern times. Jumping the broom refers to the African American tradition of jumping over a ceremonial broom when one gets married. Get ready to be tickled tickled tickled! Its already out, so I'll have to find the DVD...somewhere...



Attack the Block

I like English accents, the real thing mind you, by real English actors - which might explain why I am liking Ms Huntington in the recent Transformers movie, even though Megan Fox fits the bill better. But I digress. This movie picked up the midnight feature award at 2011 SXSW and is produced by the same people who brought us Shaun of the Dead (hilarious movie, go watch if you haven't). Aliens, English people, and the irritating but lovable Nick Frost.



Overheard 2

Back in 2009, Overheard was the best Chinese film I had watched in ages. Helmed by three of the best actors in HongKong - Lau Ching Wan, Louis Koo and Daniel Wu, this movie overshot all my expectations of a Chinese film. I hope the sequel will be as good, if not better. Am I hoping too much? Sequels are seldom as good.

No comments: