Saturday, September 30, 2006

And What About the Truth


I like words. I like how words sound when they're put together. In the words of Corrine Bailey Rae, "I like to collect words and things I haven't heard before". Same here. Imagine someone spelling out that emotion or feeling you already had, but only more beautiful and poignant.


Someone told me that blogging helps her get things off her chest and out of her system. How true. Blogging can be so therapeutic. Its like each word that you type helps lessen your burden little by little till, all that's left is a sense of satisfaction and relief. A blog is like a friend really, only that this friend will never tire of listening or form judgemental views of you. I guess thats why so many people blog. Some for fame, like the two notorious female bloggers here in Singapore; some to keep in touch with others, but mostly, they blog to offload their views, their feelings.



I just read a friend's blog. Watching the silent drama unfold literally in front of my eyes. It's got a hold on me. How many people have witnessed the helplessness of it? I'm sure there are plenty. You're there, but you just can't do anything about it, except to maybe give in and you lose. Its an age-old game. Maybe things will change when we master how to play this game...or maybe, never...

No comments: