Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Checking In

Hey peeps, thought i'd check in to let you guys know i've arrived safely. Been doing nothing but catching up on sleep, watching loads of cable tv (ah couch potato blisss) and eating. Hope i don't have to waddle home!!! Haha, but seriously, i gave myself a week off. A week off to stop stressing myself out and telling myself I really need to practice this and this amount of hours, practice this and this way, you know. Hmm...if i can keep my fingers and mind off music that is, highly unlikely though.

On the flight towards Sydney, the pilot came on the intercom and told us to look out of the window as there was a volcano eruption happening right then...and this was when we were flying over Indonesia. And sure enough, I could see the tip of the volcano, even at the altitude we were at! And the grey puffs of smoke that were emanating from it...wow! Amazing view... And then i looked around the horizon and i'm pretty sure i saw a few more volcano or mountain tops peaking out from the clouds! Oh, and a pool of aquamarine green on top of a mountain - was that Lake Toba?? Great colour, i love it! I think for my next dress? :) Wanted to take a picture of the fantastic sight but my trusty camera with all its wonderful zoom failed me. One, the volcano came out as one tiny black dot among the clouds and two, the batteries died on me. Jolly good. Sorry, no photos...yet.

Ok gotta run...gonna get some supper. Ciaos and take care you guys!!!

No comments: