Sunday, November 25, 2007

Argentinian Indigenous Ensemble



On the fateful Friday that just passed, I watched a rhythmic, pulsating performance by the Argentinian Indigenous Ensemble. I didn't enjoy it. No lyricism, no melody. There was no one song that stood out. In an almost one hour and forty five minute show, thats a miracle.

There were spoken vocals that I (and I suspect, the rest of the audience) couldn't make out and some costume changes in the vein of animals. Oh, and not forgetting the Maracas Solo along with a backing track. I was thinking what "tape" meant - some indigenous instrument or something and came to realise it was what it was! Tape! And maracas solo? Thats just hilarious. Of all the indigenous instruments they could choose from, the maracas was the best they could do for a solo?

Oh well.



On another note, Beyonce looks fat here. Apparently, this dress is from the House of Dereon, that is, her label. Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything for her.

No comments: