Sunday, August 17, 2008

I am going to Changi Women's Prison

Before you get all worked up and start calling me to ask what happened, don't worry :) I've not done anything illegal! I'm going to the Changi Women's Prison for the next 3 weeks to train 6 female inmates to play an opening batucada piece for the Yellow Ribbon Concert. The concert happens on 6th September and tickets are free!

The concept for this concert is unique. There will be performances by Emil Chau, Dick Lee, Milubing and several others. But get this, these performers will be joined by inmates and ex-convicts on stage! My girls will be the opening show for the concert and I'm so excited! I wanted to take pics with them but unfortunately the prison does not allow us to bring anything inside. Not even water!

Please go for this concert if you're free on that day! If not, do spread the word around and lets all do our bit to give them moral support, an easier path for integration into our society and give them back their self-confidence!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey thats interesting :)

The Suite Chic said...

Thanks! I'm having fun with them. They are so enthusiastic to learn :)
Come down for the concert if you can. There are tickets available.