Sunday, April 19, 2009

I need glam lessons!

I am a performer but I'm hopeless at the glam needed when I appear on stage. Sigh. I need lessons! I need to know how to artfully put up my hair so that it doesn't cover my face when I play and yet still look nice and cool, even on a balmy afternoon.

You may think this is sudden, but actually, I've been thinking about it for ages. I think what broke the camel's back was two of my hottest gigs in a row the past two days. Saturday was the greenhouse efffect/global warming at *scape at Youth Park. Only 15 mins and sweat was pouring down like I had been running for half an hour. Yes, that bad. And today, a wedding gig from 10am to 5pm at a non-airconditioned community centre hall in my organza kebaya. Organza...I tell you, is so bad for the heat! It kept the sweat against my skin the whole day without any reprieve and in the end I was felt so sticky I didn't even wanna change out and dirty my other clothes. I just jumped right into a cab and headed home. The feeling was just horrible!!!!

Frustrated. Irritated. Desperate.

No comments: