Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Phuket

There's nothing really great about Phuket - its just a tourist island. Maybe I had too many high hopes prior to coming here. Or maybe its because i'm not staying at the bustling Patong beach, but then again who ever would like to stay there? Karon beach, where I'm staying, is more quiet and so much more suitable for someone like me who's looking for some R&R.

I'm staying at the Sugar Palm Resort, which is tucked away behind Malai Resort which is undergoing some reno right now. Looks like a war zone when you first enter the service road leading to both resorts. But do not judge a hotel by its service road. The hotel has a welcoming entrance, albeit with no airconditioning, friendly staff, and the best part of course has to be my room! We chose a Deluxe Pool View room and they gave us one on their highest fourth floor.

The room is all decked out in white, teal and dark wood panels which lends it a very clean and pleasant atmostphere. It even has a day bed where I can do my reading, blogging and what not! This is going to be my favourite area of the room!

I love that the bathroom has a separate shower and bathtub - I never did get the whole showering in a bathtub idea.
So far, I've already soaked in the bathtub twice with my handy blend of The Body Shop's Spa Wisdom™ Plunge & Purify, Divine Calm Serenity Milk Bath Powder Bath Soak and Lush's Up the wooden Hill Emotibomb.

We're thinking of going fishing out in the sea one of these days and we saw this Movenpick place, complete with Survivor fire lamps that we'll probably try one of these days too! A trip to Patong might be cool though the transport here is sooo expensive! A one way trip to Patong (which is just 10-15mins away) will set us back 450B (about SGD 19)! One way! So to go there and back will cost us almost SGD 40. Crazy right! I might just stay in the hotel all day, reading, surfing the net, soaking in the tub, watching DVDS or Discovery Channel. :D Now that's some R&R for you!

I would love to put up some photos but Blogger doesn't seem to be allowing uploading of photos! Grrrrrr! Will keep trying though!

xx