Saturday, August 01, 2009

The Face Shop

This has been long overdue! But I've been so so so busy!!! My apologies! Here goes:

My stash from my latest shopping jaunt with Cindy yielded me:

- 4 packs of Raspberry Roots Collagen Eye Patch
- *new arrival alert* The Skin Extra BB Cream (which contains SPF20!)
- two eyeshadows in brilliant black (BK903) and the other in a goldenish tinge (WH005)
- Raspberry Roots Sleeping Mask

The very nice SA then proceeded to give us samples, which of course completed our whole shopping experience at The Face Shop:

- 2 samples of Flebeaute Collagenic Collagen 70 Cream (improves skin firmness and reduces wrinkles)
- a sample of their Quick and Clean Oil-Free BB Cream
- 2 samples of Su Hyang Snow Maximing Gel Cream
- a sample of Su Hyang Snow Boosting Toner
- a sample of Su Hyang Snow Balancing Moisturizer

I immediately used the Raspberry Eye Patch and the Sleeping Mask from the same line. Haha, I'm a little OCD like that, I love matching the products I use, when I can, as often as I can!

Anyway, I HAVE to rave about the Eye Patch. Each pack comes with not one, but two treatments (you are supposed to have both treatments in a week) How thoughtful of them to give us more bang for our buck! At $9.90 per pack, I originally thought it was a little steep for an eye mask, but I stand corrected. No wonder its their best-seller!

Just after the one usage, the skin under my eyes felt firmer and smoother! You bet your petunia I'll be using this mask for the next several weeks to come! Looking forward to more results! I have high hopes for it.


The Sleeping Mask on the other hand didn't give any obvious results after the first night of usage, unlike the brand's other sleeping pack from the Aqua Drop line, which I have already done a mini review, here.

My last review for this post will be none other than The Face Shop's recent BB cream arrival from The Skin line.


Containing SPF 20, this BB cream is said to soothe irritated skin, moisturize, correct one's complexion with natural coverage and nourish our skin.

Day 1: I tried it on its own on my undereye area. Texture is very thick, unlike my regular Legere Water Drop Shiny Pearl BB cream. I quickly learn that less is more, as the coverage of this BB cream is quite heavy. After I finish blending, there is a white cast to the area....patiently wait for half an hour before the cream corrects itself to my skin tone. However, after half an hour, one can still tell I've put something under my eyes. I'm running late, so I just leave the house. Lasts throughout the day, even through perspiration and the heat.

Day 2: I mix the Face Shop's BB cream with my Legere BB, and the result is better. Less of the heavy whitish cast and mixture of the creams is easier to blend in. I don't have to wait for half an hour before I can leave the house. 10 mins is all it takes. Lasts throughout the day and melts a little at about 9pm after my rehearsal.

Verdict: I wouldn't use the Face Shop's BB cream on its own, unless I'm going for a gig. However, the mixture of both the Face Shop and Legere creams ensures I get rather good coverage with all of the accompanying benefits of the Face Shop BB cream and the light-reflecting shimmer of Legere's Water Drop BB cream.

No comments: