Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day Three without Soap

Today Amran, Jim, Emily and me went to visit Feri, Penny and their newest addition to their family, Annabelle. She is so cute! Sweet, adorable, exceptionally tall, pastel bundle of joy with super long fingers and toes! I absolutely love her to bits.


Amran and I then went to Esplanade to give Serene and Barbara our support at their Mbira performance at the Concourse venue.


After their performance, we went for drinks at Makan Sutra nearby. Then a band started playing at the Waterfront Amphitheatre and the music sounded so good that I left to watch their set. Halfway through the set, I realized I had listened to their stuff before - on their Myspace.
The band was none other than In Each Hand A Cutlass or IEHAC for short and they play instrumental rock/ambient music.


The music sounded really tight, the compositions coherent. However, their showmanship was sadly lacking. The band had very or almost no interaction with their audience, but I guess one can forgive that on account of their competent musicianship. A bit of trivia for you. Ex-Electrico guitarist Daniel Sassoon is a member of the band.

Interested? Have a listen to their Myspace ----- here.

No comments: