Monday, November 16, 2009

Chocolate Eggs and Promises

After dinner today, my parents and I went to the nearby convenience store to buy some groceries for the house. I spied the Kinder Joy chocolate egg, picked it up and placed it with the items to be paid for at the counter.

On seeing it, my dad said to me "Hey you're not a little girl already! Don't buy lah."

But it was not the first time I bought this chocolate egg and so my dad paid for it and the rest of the items. Then he turned around and said "Next time whatever I want, you must buy for me!" To which I of course replied to the affirmative.


It may seem like an offhand remark that my dad made, it may even seem insignificant but this is a promise that I'll keep. Next time when my daddy and mummy grow older, I'll make sure they live life comfortably and most of all, happily.

No comments: