Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hooray for Plus sized girls, Surrealist paintings and Fantastic furniture

V Magazine will be launching their Plus Size January 2010 issue. I actually thought both were the same models, only just photoshopped, but on closer scrutiny (and after reading the captions, duh!), I found out both were different models. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't their plus-sized model not really plus-sized? They should have chosen a model with more meat to represent most of the plus-sized women now! You judge for yourself.

See the photos here ----- "One Size Fits All"

These are some gorgeous surrealism paintings by Russian artist Vladimir Kush
Would love to frame these for keeps.






New Year is coming and other than the impending resolutions on my mind, I also have the idea of new furniture. Though these would have to stay in my dream house for now...

(items below by Loyal Loot Collective)
One can never have enough of storage...log bowls!!!!




aww too cute!!! finally something masculine yet feminine. You know what I mean.




(items below by Slovenian designer Nika Zupanc)

Phonique sofa and Tapisserie sofa (single) in c minor. Doesn't look comfy but sure as hell looks amazing.





I can just imagine this house-warming kitchen scenario with Mrs Dalloway here:

Overzealous houseguest: "Hey where's your stove? You guys don't cook?"
Lo and behold, I open this mini hot plate to the awed gasps of my guests.

I'm not kidding. I really really really really want this cool fashionista/kitchen item for my house. Dream pad or not.

(items below from Mooi)
This oblique bookshelf can't house much stuff. But then again, its for my DREAM house.


Love love love this smoke chandelier.

No comments: