Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Back in Melbourne

I'm in Melbourne now. The smell of the city is still the same. That's good. Heh. My flight was a breeze. I had the window seat and the next two seats were empty. Food was great and service was excellent. I'm definitely flying Emirates again. Bad thing is, my flight was delayed by an hour...meaning that I got to Mel at about 1.40a.m. and then had to wait till 2.25am for the Skybus into town. Taking a cab would have cost me bloody $50. No way.

While waiting for the bus, I chatted with this Aussie woman from Burnley. She just got back from Dubai. As it turned out, she was supposed to go on a five and a half week tour around Russia and the Baltic States. But when she arrived in Dubai, she was told that her Russian visa was not valid. She stayed for a night in Dubai trying to get the visa settled but to no avail...the next day she got on a plane headed for Melbourne. What a bummer! And then she started crying while she was talking to me. OMG, here am I, freezing my butt off in the queue and this woman is crying. What am I supposed to say?! So I hastily changed the topic. Argh. Shouldn't have sat there in the first place.

Watched Pirates, again with Stanley. It's still funny. Especially the pirate lord with the high-pitched voice. Haha. Oh and I keep telling my friends about that episode from Family Guy with Peter and Robert Losure (is that how you spell it?). Yes, it still hasn't lost its charm. Yet. But Stanley can't stand it already.

Anyways, I miss hanging out at the shop and at Pitch Black. By association, that means I miss hanging out with Shu and Elizabeth. Sigh.

On the upside, I've managed to borrow a keyboard from Saturday onwards, so that means I can go practice.

Now, if only that stupid landlord of mine were to get the electricity sorted out, life would be a breeze. Dammit.

No comments: