Thursday, June 28, 2007

I'm going for an audition with a pub band this Sunday in which I'll be playing keys and singing harmony and maybe the odd song. I have to prepare 18 songs. Should be easy, I've already done the chords for 6-7 of the songs. Am also going to audition with another guitarist for a duo gig. Plus I'll be jamming with Freddie's band this coming Friday.

You'll probably going, "is she mad?!" I don't know if I am. Its this inexplicable push for me to play music every single waking moment of my life. If I had my way, I'd do nothing but practice and perform every day. Sometimes I get so frustrated. When is my big break going to happen? I told Jenson today, I don't even mind rehearsing everyday.

But I know all this has a downside. All this busy-ness has pulled me far apart from my friends. I was just thinking to myself the other day. If I were to disappear one day, how long would it take for my friends to find out I was gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.