Thursday, June 21, 2007

Drama

The early morning calm was pierced by frantic sirens. Minutes later, the sounds of whirring helicopter rotors could be heard....if you think this is part of a movie, you're wrong. It was one of my real-life dramas in Melbourne. This was the day of the shooting - when a solicitor was killed and a backpacker wounded, all in their bid to save a woman being attacked by another man. I wasn't there, but the drama was real all the same, Stanley's house being just one block away from the crime scene. An hour later, police patrols sounded sirens and advised the residents in that area not to leave their houses. Me and Stanley stayed home till after 1, and even then, we were quite paranoid while we were out. I hope they catch the killer.

My other drama was with a stupid travel agent, who happens to have the same name as me. I was almost stuck in Melboune without a return ticket all because of the travel agent, who helped me rebook another flight but failed to advise the airline on the ticket number. So, they cancelled my new flight booking. Luckily I checked the day before I was to leave. When I called her, she was very defensive. I mean, it was obviously her fault. Who else would have my ticket number?! What made me even more fuming mad was when she said, "Hey, I'm doing you a favour. I didn't even charge you for it." At the end of my tether, I called Emirates in Singapore and this very nice lady was so patient and understanding. When she helped me revalidate the ticket, I almost cried. I'm still mad. What an attitude! When I lodge a complaint with CASE, lets see who has the last laugh.

Grrrr...

No comments: