Monday, July 02, 2007

Sat was my hottest gig ever. We played one set at 3.50pm and another at 6.50pm. In between, I played beach volleyball with some guys. Heh. Yup, in my dress :) luckily it stayed up. But my right hand seems to be in some kind of muscle pain now. Can't seem to do any trills or fast passages with my fourth and fifth finger.

Went for an audition with a pub band yesterday. My hands, thank God, didn't let me down. So, yes I'm in. But it might be a six night gigging thing. Stanley's not pleased about it. I'm quite excited about it but six nights seem to be very very tiring. Plus, i'll need to look for replacements everytime I leave the country. Which might prove to be a big big problem, seeing I'm leaving for Edinburgh on the 29th and then Australia in Oct.


More good news....Now Playing got into the next round of the J-rock Omasturi. We stuck out like a sore thumb. Me in my bright green dress amongst all the monotone cosplayer types. Heh. Our music too. Nothing of the screamo stuff. I could see question mark bubbles in the crowd when we went on stage to setup.

Marcus was infallible this time around. Which has been sorely missed in the past performances. I hope he keeps this up. Oh, and one more highlight of the day! Huimin in a skirt, well sort of. And makeup! Pics will be up soon!

No comments: