Thursday, June 11, 2009

Its a long time to be waiting...

Its getting closer to his enlistment date. It hasn't sunk in yet. Everyone has been asking me what am I going to do. Honestly? I don't really know. Its two years. Two years of waiting till he is free.
But I do know that I am very very happy.

Going to be a mad rush for holidays. Been planning my schedule so that I'll always have free days every week to do stuff together. We've also been planning to go overseas quite abit..end June to early July will see us off to Indo for 12 days to study gamelan (so that's not officially a holiday) and then three days after we're back, its off to Ho Chi Minh. Its our first time there, so I'm really looking forward to exploring and seeing new stuff.

The week of my birthday in August will see us spending 5 days in Phuket. Jasmine tells me its boring...so it'll probably be a relaxing one then...meaning sleep, eat, and sleep and eat. Haha.

I feel like going to Melbourne too but with the swine flu in that city, I'm afraid to even fly there. So maybe it'll be Hanoi or Hoi An and maybe even Bangkok again!

And then after all that, its back to staying in the east, and having free nights and days. Then I'll start becoming a workaholic and all my friends will start getting calls to go out.

Sigh. Two years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry too much about swine flu in Vietnam. It does not exist in everyday life except on the TV and in the hospital.

Hanoi is in its peak of heat this summer. Don't go there. The weather is too hot. And electricity is cut all the time at main streets

You'll miss a great deal if you go to Hoi An without planning ahead. Best time to go is during Full Moon period (consult Lunar Calendar for that). The whole city will live just like how it did in early 19th century...with lots of tourists though. Other time is fine but it's not worth your money!

Ho Chi Minh is cool now. Raining season is over. Yet, there is little place to visit. It usually serves as the only urban stop in a long tour to the Southern part of the country.

Just come over for a little experience.

Anonymous said...

Wah, so boyfriend go NS then got time for friends la? loooooooooool.

Eh, you going to vietnam twice?