Friday, June 05, 2009

Tracy Phillips leaves Zouk


I'm surprised at her move. Coz I thought that she, having been so successful at her job at Zouk, would choose to stay and continue to climb to greater heights. Maybe, it was the end of the corporate ladder for her? Who knows...but I really wanna applaud her for staying in this job for 10 years. 10 years!!

I think its hard to move out of one's comfort zone, especially after having been in the same environment for a decade and I admire her for having the bravery and courage to do something totally different, especially during this economic downturn. According to an article by divasia, it seems she is going to be studying apparel merchandising at the Textile and Fashion Industry Training Centre at Leng Kee Road.

So who is going to be taking over her position? It will be none other the lady by Tracy's side in the pic, Ms Mari Muramoto. Will be looking out for Mari's marketing campaigns...she has much to prove...


Hmm..the textile and fashion school sounds interesting. Let me go check it out...

Back!

I googled the school and...the course fees are not too expensive!! Its like only $1.1K for the apparel merchandising course, duration totalling 60 hours (20 sessions x 3hours)

Link to the school's info here.

TAFTC website: http://taftc.org/

I'm tempted to enrol for the basic drafting and sewing course. 36 hours at $450 ($423 with SDF grant), comes up to only $11.75 an hour! Now if only I can find the time...

No comments: