Friday, June 05, 2009

My new craze: Left 4 Dead


Left 4 Dead is a first person shooting game (FPS) and pits humans against infected zombies, not unlike Resident Evil and all the other infected zombie/human movies.

Yesterday, me, Soap, Liz and Silvano went to Paradiz to play Left 4 Dead. Hesitant to try it at first because I thought I would be scared stiff, plus my experiences with Counterstrike weren't too good. Apparently my sense of direction within the virtual reality world sucks and the whirling about vision actually gives me a headache. But, not wanting to be a party pooper, coz I know how much Soap loves it, I agreed to....to my surprise, we played not one but five campaigns, lasting a total of about 4.5 hours! By the time we ended it was already close to 3am. LOL. Now I can't wait for the next session and am bugging Soap to get more people to play with us!!

Here is a pic of the boomer. What he does is shoot bile at you and blind your vision with green disgusting stuff. When you kill him, he explodes.

Actually I think he looks rather cute. So fat!


Another pic of the infected zombies:


LOL. I don't know why I wasn't scared. I'm not as terrified of this game as I am of House of the Dead (another shooting arcade game)

For those who haven't tried it, play it! I like the fact that the game encourages alot of teamwork. Also, it forces you to keep cool in the face of "danger" or you'll lose ammo in no time at all by blindly shooting when you're being mobbed. Better to pick the zombies off one by one. Now I sound like an experienced veteran. LOL.

No comments: