Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I lost my shoes

Last Wednesday, after my gamelan session at Haig Girls, I was packing up to leave when one of my girls (this cute little Pri. 2 girl) came up to me and proclaimed

"Miss Tan! I lost my shoes!"

My first thought was "who wants your smelly shoes!" Then I looked down at her feet and saw she had shoes on! I pointed at them and she quickly replied

"These are my sister's shoes! And now she has no shoes to wear home!"

Aw so sweet right? Sisterly love. So anyways, we proceeded to find her shoes but they were nowhere to be seen...until another girl piped up

"I know what must have happened! The shoes must have fell downstairs, then someone picked them up and brought them to the office!!"

I thought "yah right, how far-fetched is that? More like someone hid them" But anyways, not to hurt that little detective's feelings, we immediately dispatched someone to the office.

And.....the shoes were there.

How awesome. The innocent child could see so clearly when we adults could not.

We lost the ability to think and feel simply as we grew older.

I am ashamed.

No comments: