Saturday, August 26, 2006

Birthday Sentiments


its inevitable...i always look back at the past year on this very day every year, reflecting on what i have accomplished, how much i have grown, on my relationships with my friends and loved ones, and of course, what i can do better for next year.

i have been very fortunate this year. especially fortunate. i have had the support of my loved ones and friends in the opening of Hoity Toity - my dream thats finally come true. i'm glad to say that we are coping very well. business hasn't been phenomenal, but enough to sustain us through. i've also learnt many things about business - the art of business and how to run one successfully. Lovie, many thanks for being the pillar of support for our shop. Muacks.

my music, always the greatest part of my life may not have grown as much as i would have wished (but thats partly due to the fact that i've not been practising as hard as i should). but i'm content. my thanks to Now Playing too - the second band i've joined ever since i pulled enough courage to come on stage to sing. the boys have been inspirational and supportive and together we've grown so much over the past months. my appreciation to Joyce, my artistic director in GA and also my friend. thanks for the guidance and for the support you've shown me in my compositions. it will push me to compose more.

and last but not least, extra special thanks to Stanley. you may be faraway, but you're always there for me. always. YOU are my pillar of strength.
ok now for the fun stuff. Now Playing will be performing a set at Gashaus, 114 Middle Rd at 7.30pm. thereafter, all those there are invited to join in my birthday celebration. yup yup...be there or be square~~~

No comments: