Friday, August 11, 2006

Bloody Fireworks.

Okok, so i've been neglecting my blogger duties...but anywho...i'm here to unload my frustrations.

I was supposed to go watch the Harvard Din and Tonic at Esplanade this past Tuesday night. So there I was at the GA bbq, gulping down my food as fast as i can, trying to talk to everyone, before I had to leave for the concert. I leave Michi at 8.20pm, hop into the cab at 8.30pm, expect to reach Espy by 9pm. Guess what time i arrived? 9.45pm. Thats right. A whole hour of my life wasted in the cab with the numbers on the meter rising, as was the case with my temper. And all because of some bloody fireworks display. Hello? All these Singaporeans have no place to go?? The ENTIRE area resembled Little India on a Sunday. Packed like little yellow sardines. WTH!!!

Worst still to come..when I arrived at Espy, I was told to go round the back to the other entrance near the waterfront amphitheatre, because that main entrance was for the sardines to slowly make their way out after watching the fireworks. And by the time I got to the other entrance...it was already 9.50pm. Damn it! Forget about watching the show already! I just had to off load...so I called Hidir, Siannie and Stanley...yes, i had that much to off load. Oh, and later to the gals who had the fortune to watch the Harvard boys - Eunice, Jo, Tabi and EeJia.

The sad story of my life...I seem to always have run-ins with cabs or something crops up or jams when I'm in the cab. Like the other time, for Sarah's birthday over at SMU: I called for a cab. Destination was specifically S-M-U. Taxi driver brings me to S-I-M. Hello???? Literacy anyone??? And he kept insisting they were one and the same. If I wasn't so pissed off...i'd have rolled around the backseat of the cab, laughing my head off. After some heated conversation, wherein I told him to get me to S-M-U pronto, I managed to reach my destination, half an hour late. And he did not even have the decency to give me a discount. I just couldn't be bothered to talk to him anymore.

Me and taxis. Well, at least I did have a good time at the bbq. Food was really good by the way. And an even better session with my bandmates. We had a small audience while jamming who gave us rave reviews. I am appeased....well at least for the moment.

K. Off loading is over. Over and out.

No comments: