Sunday, August 20, 2006

"this is not a good weather to be sick in"

yes yes...a quote from you Darren....so what weather is good enough for one to be sick in? None, I say....being sick is never good...watever weather.

it seems that i've been falling sick before every big gig. my immune system is down big time...its either lack of sleep, too much stress...or bad germs from someone.

luckily, my voice held up for my gig yesterday. some flat notes. but seriously great tunes that i so know i wanna do again! especially Dream a little Dream and My Favourite Things. but the crowd was subdued. Hello??!! You deaf?? Or stoned?!?!?!

so today, i woke up feeling big time blahness...and i really mean blahness. i could have stayed in bed the whole day...and miss teaching Siannie, jamming with my band, dinner with Joyce and watching Casey, Noor and Joshua playing at their acid jazz gig? No way!! So up i get...Siannie very sweetly buys lunch and meds for me...i pop many pills...and i'm good to go. Let me at it!

Jamming was good. We've sort of gotten two arrangements of new songs down. A sigh of relief. We'll probably get it spruced up tomorrow. I'm getting excited! Countdown = 5 days to big gig! Argh! Stress! Heaven!! Pure Bliss!!!

Dinner with Joyce was great. We had our fave Old Chicago salad at Seah St Deli. I swear this is gonna be my next favourite eating place after Ichiban Boshi. Ooh...Ichiban Boshi!! Now thats truly indulgent Jap sushi. I'll never eat at Sakae again. Mmmmm~ just thinking of their lobster salad sushi, aburi salmon and now they even have aburi maguro. Just delectable...mmmmm~...

Evening entertainment for the night came in the form of K'Ass - aka Meimei (keys), Casey (vox and guitar), Josh (bass), Noor (percussion) and Bobby Singh (percussion). My poison for the night...their version of Virtual Insanity, Maysa's Head to the Sky, Yellowjacket and Incognito numbers. More please? More!! almost broke my neck while seriously bopping to the funk rhythms emanating from the stage. I knew performing could give one a high...but watching a performance? Man, i almost peed in my pants because i avoided going to the ladies just so I wouldn't miss any part of the set. Wanna get a high? Abstain from the loo and sit watching freaking great performers playing great music and you'll know what i mean. Its torture and pleasure rolled into one.

Okay, i need to go. The screen seems to swimming before my eyes. Ciao before i write something i regret. Thats all folks!

No comments: