Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Edinburgh

I've reached Edinburgh safe and sound, after a 16-hour flight. Security was tight and some mixups meant that I had to throw away my canned food. Sob! No tuna, or curry!! :(

The time difference here is 7 hours behind Singapore. Suffering a little from jetlag. On the first night, we had a tech run for the 2 shows at 12 midnight, all the way till 5am (1pm Singapore time). I was falling asleep every time I looked down at my instruments. I think the greatest torture on earth is not being able to sleep when you most want to.

Anyways, the place that I'm staying in is called Roseburn Terrace. Hatta says it sounds like its something out of horror movie. You should check out our entranceway into the building. A dark corridor with cobwebs on the ceiling leading to an uneven spiral staircase. Me and Seri are sharing a super small bedroom. Its so cold here that I'm thankful for the small space. Small spaces are more cosy and trap heat easily.

We've had great meals! Pasta and macaroni and we had chili con carne yesterday for lunch, courtesy of Su-ping! Yum!

Today's the beginning of our 18-day run. Press coming in for our shows. Hope nothing goes wrong...especially my handling of the jellyfish. Heh. Looking forward to watching all the free shows , and of course the ones where we have to pay too, especially The Magnets and Puppetry of the Penis. Yuup. Later...

No comments: