Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

This year, I received a deluge of Christmas sms-es and no Christmas cards. The number of Christmas cards I've gotten has been dwindling little by little over the years and when I received none in my mailbox this year, I was struck by a sudden yearning for those Christmas cards I used to get.

I remember one year, the trend was an inbuilt recording of a Christmas carol that would automatically play every time you opened the card. Do you remember those type of cards? I would always open the card and then quickly close it, just for fun. Ha! Those times are now long gone, just like many others, for example the sending of letters, even wedding cards today are just sms-es (i've gotten a few wedding invites via sms....so weird you know?)

It is too late to send out Christmas cards now, so you know what? I'm going collect Christmas cards the whole of 2009, as well as the addresses of you people and you're going to find a card in your mailbox from yours truly next Christmas! Yaay! :D

No comments: