Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada



I finally got to watch The Devil Wears Prada today, albeit alone. There's something to be said about watching movies alone. I always imagined that I'd feel totally bored, plus I would have to be impervious to wondering glances from other movie-goers but no. Going solo is actually enjoyable!

Of course, anyone who knows me will hardly be surprised that I absolutely loved the movie. Okay, so the plot and the script was so predictable. But, the ugly-duckling-turns-gorgeous formula hardly wears ragged when teamed with all that haute couture! I was particularly taken by this ensemble (don't ask me how I'm gonna wear this in Singapore).


Anne Hathaway is really fetchingly pretty with her wide-eyes under her heavy bangs. And Meryl Streep still wields magic. Her well-modulated voice can really lull you into comfort zone. I guess thats one thing old-school actors have over the new brood. How they acknowledge that the voice is as important as the facial expression and how they really use it to their advantage.

No comments: