Friday, September 19, 2008

I saw Victor Wooten!!

Its raining bass players I swear. I saw Corey McCormick, Eric Ingram and Casey at the DrumFest over the weekend. And then today, I saw Victor Wooten! Woot!!!! Argh! I'm in high heaven! We took a picture but i'm still waiting on Sherri to send it over. Hurry up gal!

I think he looks like a teddy bear. He's not that tall, but he has arms the size of tree trunks. Imagine all that power going into playing the bass. OMG. I can't wait for tomorrow.


Tomorrow is the night of the SMV. The night where three bass greats come together to rock the Esplanade stage - Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller and Victor Wooten! Yahooo!!

Okay i think i'm high on red bull. I had vodka redbull at Harry's this afternoon (i think drinking in the day is such a luxury) and then more vodka redbull at Supperclub where Joyce, Soap and I met up with Stevie to talk about performing there. I drool at the thought of Supperclub, I love the decor, the space, the toilet (yes the toilet where you can see out and others can't see in. You've gotta be there to see it!) and best of all, the events room! I can totally see the Gamma Rays album launch there! Can't wait for the negotiations to start!

Mmmmm...i'm too tired to post more pics so I'll just plead procrastination and upload them tomorrow!!! wheeeee.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how was SMV!! you got the picture already yes? (:

The Suite Chic said...

yes! it was damn good lah! OMG!! wish you were there! Guess what, the other black guy was Victor Wooten's drummer!!! We took photos with him on SMV night and he said, "hey did I see you yesterday?" LOL