Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Farewell Now Playing

After almost two years (or more?), Now Playing is disbanding (?) for reasons that to me are the wrong reasons. I won't apologize for having higher standards. Neither will I apologize for only choosing to sing songs that are non-mainstream (which IMO, only the music from TJ/Ringo and a few other bands are). I won't apologize for turning down non TJ/Ringo songs not because I only like TJ but because we can't do it well. I won't apologize for only choosing TJ/Ringo songs because hey, you couldn't and wouldn't try out the songs from the other bands I chose because "we think its too difficult". For the record, we didn't only do TJ songs this time around.

And lastly, I won't appologize for getting angry if a) you didn't practice b) you were fooling around c) you couldn't keep time d) I hurt your ego. I always thought being ready and prepared was a pre-requisite before coming for jamming, but I guess I was wrong.

WTH. We are all adults here. So say it to my face like I always do to you guys, instead of having to concoct and engineer some sort of situation so that you make it look like I am not being kicked out of the band but that we're disbanding instead. What? Is this a children's game?

The only reason why you don't say it to my face is because you know I'm right. You want to go another direction? Fine by me. I won't kick up a fuss. Finding new directions are always good and help keep the music from going stale.

But if you wanna go behind my back and say the reason for throwing me out is because I only choose to do songs from TJ, then you're so wrong. Don't be afraid to say that you didn't wanna do those songs I sent to your emails because they were too tough. THAT is the real reason why we're doing mostly TJ/Ringo songs. NOT because I'm too strait-laced to try out other stuff.

I feel disappointed, but what's new. I feel betrayed. Then again, what's new.

Its being fun while it lasted, Now Playing. Time to press the stop button.

No comments: