Thursday, January 08, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

I know, I know. I'm late by eight days. But all the same, the new year is still new! So what are your new year resolutions for the year of 2009?

Mine are:
- to spend more time with my friends and cultivate our friendships
- to spend more time with my family
- i want to lose weight!!!!
- take up more music courses. I need to upgrade and learn other types of instruments!
- to raise more awareness for my babies, Suite Stuff and The Headbangers Brigade
- to have MORE TIME for SELF. yep. I need to continuously rethink my priorities and the direction my life is going.

Actually there are more, but these are the main resolutions that I really want to focus on this year.

Anyways, I just returned from Bangkok last night. And because of two really damn cool necklaces that came in the form of a hand grenade lighter and a pistol lighter, I was detained at customs for 45 mins. The policemen who were to interrogate me, took 15 mins to come to the immigrations counter. I mean, how huge is the airport!!! And then when the policeman came, he seemed flustered, didn't know what to do, stuttered all the time so much so that I couldn't make out what he was asking me and he dropped his walkie-talkie. Okay, so maybe I looked damn pissed. But you would too! They kept asking me how much the necklaces cost. I'm like, so are you going to reimburse me. They said no. Then ask for what!

The best thing? They kept asking me how to spell chatuchak market like 6 times. Three different people asked me the same freaking question. Don't they talk to each other?!?! In a bid to appease me, one woman started asking me how the situation was in Bangkok. I don't want to small-talk with you! I want to eat my dinner. I don't want to answer questions about possible protests, discuss with you whether its safe to go to Bangkok. I don't want to laugh and giggle with you about how good chatuchak market is for shopping.

OMGGGGG....so stupid. Just take the necklaces and let me leave! Waste of time, manpower and energy. Luckily I had Popeyes to calm me down. Mmmmm....yummy Popeyes. The biscuit tasted especially nice that meal.

Photos and videos up soon!


2 comments:

weiz said...

hand grenades huh? Show me when we meet! I want to see how "real" they look to warrant such an reaction from the police.

Glad you are back! I was worried when I heard about the nightclub fire. But I didn't read yours or Joseph's name in the papers, so I was relieved.

The Suite Chic said...

I can't show you! They took it! :(

The fire was a tragedy wasn't it. We didn't know till a mutual friend smsed us and asked if we were alright.

hey can't find your blog anymore...what's the URL?
AND when are we meeting!!!