Monday, May 11, 2009

The Monday Mosaic Post

When I checked into the then-new Baiyoke Boutique Hotel, one of the first things I noticed about my room was the toilet. I believe that hotel room toilets are a yardstick for hotels. For one, you can tell how much the hotel has done in terms of upkeeping its facilities.

So, this toilet in my very pleasant room at the Baiyoke Boutique, was done up in cement. Just plain cement for the floor, and the walls. What saved it from looking like I just moved in during the hotel-construction period were the mosaic tiles in bright orange and red framing the mirror and splashing across the walls.

I notice that very few people in Singapore use mosaic for their home decor. Cost is probably an issue, as mosaic does not come cheap. Cost aside, I would probably add mosaic, though not in big doses, to my future piece of domestic paradise.

But if! If I didn't have to care about any monetary costs at all, these mosaic lamps would be so heavenly...



And so would these mosaic wall and floor pieces...




The mosaic pieces in today's post comes from the Art Mosaic Factory or SCIS.
I especially love their pinup girls. Yes, pinup MOSAIC girls.




And what I wouldn't give to soak in these. Absolutely stunning and a definite conversation piece. This will be the only decorative item you'll need for your bathroom.



No comments: