Friday, May 29, 2009

TGIF

The right attitude comes with a smile...


This morning I woke up at 5.45 am as we had an early morning show at Fairfield Methodist Secondary at 7.50am.

We arrive late, because Zaidi wanted a ride last min and so we waited and as usual when they are more than 2 people meeting, one will be late! So anyways, we got to the school and then I needed to take a dump. I decided to go for a quick one before the show. Just as I walked out from the toilet after finishing my business, the Principal/Discipline Master calls the school to attention as the national anthem roars to life over the speakers. I don't stop walking....I need to set up for the show! And this P/DM guy just orders me to stop. Orders. Rudely. Hmph. So I lift/attempt to lift an eyebrow and continue walking past him to the backstage.

WTH. So pissed off. Ask nicely. Do NOT order people around coz I don't care who you are and I won't stop if you don't ask nicely. Hmm...maybe I wouldn't have stopped if you had asked nicely too. Haha.

Normally, this episode, happening so early in the morning and just before two shows, would have ticked the hell out of me. But, luckily, there were two factors that prevented me from being in a bad mood.

a: The school hall we were performing in at Fairfield Methodist was AIRCONDITIONED. You don't know how much that means to us performers. With the stage lights on, the heat rises, so the air conditioning helps. A lot.

b: Presence of floor monitors. Yippee. Now we can all hear each other.

The next school we went to was the United World College, SEA Campus at AMK St 54. Again, the hall was air-conditioned and there were good mics and floor monitors!! Hurray. Two gigs in a row in air-conditoned settings and great equipment make for a very very happy Stan.

No comments: